Vision and values
Our aim is to be an exemplary black and minority ethnic (BME) provider of decent affordable homes, providing excellent housing and support services in diverse neighbourhoods and communities, helping all our customers to live, thrive, and enjoy a good quality of life.
Our objectives are:
- to provide excellent, locally accountable, customer focused services to our diverse communities where we operate with an emphasis on community cohesion and culturally appropriate services
- to get even closer to our customers and communities enabling them to have a strong voice and choices in the services delivered to them, and accessing the most hard to reach
- to be a “visible” registered provider and engage and invest in growth and the communities and neighbourhoods we serve with a focus on targeted and effective investment
- to respond to and meet the care and support needs with an emphasis on housing related support, health and well-being, and realising people’s potential through employment, training and support projects
- to re-invest in our properties to ensure our homes remain to a high quality and meet customer expectations and are environmentally sustainable
- to continuously improve our services and key performance indicators with the aim to achieve top quartile
- to deliver value for money and efficiency in all activities
- to work in collaborative partnerships and alliances with local authorities and other stakeholders to develop safe, vibrant, healthy and decent neighbourhoods
- to be a service provider, employer, and partner of choice with good quality central services
- to achieve the most effective level of governance and accountability.
We subscribe to the East Midlands Housing (EMH) Group values and principles, which are:
- Integrity: We are an independent, not-for-profit organisation working to achieving the highest ethical standards
- Diversity: We will promote equality and the fair treatment of all customers, partners and employees, and challenge discriminatory behaviour
- Openness: We will be open about our work and share appropriate information with all our stakeholders
- Accountability: We will involve our customers in our work and be accountable to the wider communities
- Clarity: We will be consistent and clear about our vision, values and strategy
- Excellence: We will be aim to be among the best in the sector, particularly in the quality of customer services and standards of performance.